10 - Intake

In previous posts, I started to mock up the intake box. I had a small triangle space to work with and it needed to mate up with the old rubber intake boot. It also had to incorporate some sort of air filter.

With only a slight modification I fabricated what I had mocked up in cardboard.

I could see that the rubber boot was not going to fit properly against the piece without modification so I added an indent to the face where the fitting is.

Then I began welding it up and added mountings for it on the frame


Intake before cleaning up the hole and finishing welding of the mounting flange


The air intake was to be on top between the two frame rails. I will need to come up with some way to hold the air filter snuggley in place all the way around that can be easily undone to replace the filter.


Comments