11 - Gas tank, seat and chain tensioner

Gas Tank

I ended up flipping the gas tank around so the wide part is at the seat the the narrow part is near the front. This was to avoid the steering fork from hitting it when turned to full lock, especially if I increase the angle the fork is allowed to rotate, which I want to do.
I added mounts for the gas tank to allow for clearance for the motor mounts and the coil and to keep it away from the steering fork in the front.




Chain Tensioner
I ended up cutting off the lower chain stay and making it take a straighter path to the mid frame. The bend it had prior made the chain path and tensioner mount a problem.
before
after
final design

Seat
The seat had a quite a few holes in it and didn't have any fabric over the foam so it needed some help. I bought some marine vinyl and found some foam to fill the holes.

I started by filling the holes with softer foam pieces and then added a layer of more firm foam from an old sleeping mat. Then stretched the fabric over it to see if that was going to work or not. I was hoping for a nice finished look, but will probably have to settle for 'good enough'. I will complete the seat once the other items are done.





Comments